What's your new 'normal'? Check in!!

Sarah-MJFL

How is everyone faring under the circumstances?
How has this global pandemic effected your family, if at all? How are you holding up emotionally and spiritually? Is there anything you are struggling with? Prayer requests? Do you have any tips for managing during these times?

Mandy2545

How has this global pandemic effected your family, if at all? How are you holding up emotionally and spiritually? Is there anything you are struggling with? Prayer requests? Do you have any tips for managing during these times?
Our new normal is a little like a roller coaster, but maybe a toddler version! My husband still has to report in to work, but my son and I are staying isolated at home. We're still homeschooling away! However, we are so blessed. We have the Lord, food, shelter, love, and finally the weather is saying North Georgia might see the sun shine for a few days! Yay!!!!! We need to pray for and help those who are struggling in our little communities. I worry about all my loved ones and friends who aren't saved. I would love to hear from everyone else! Have a good morning!

DaLynnRmc

Honestly? It hasn't affected us much, and that's mostly okay with me and I feel blessed and optimistic because both my husband and son are being able to continue to work (grocery store employees). I see the Lord's hand and where some of us who've been at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder will now be further up if not at the top. Suddenly, my "above minimum wage (barely)" husband is what is termed as an "essential" worker. Seriously, God??? Wow. Cool.

But also guilt for life not changing much. My kids won't have "covid-19" memories. Not really. I mean, our co-op is cancelled and we can't go to the library. We can't go to church but we haven't been doing that often anyway, tbh. IDK, I just have this burden to make sure my family feels the shift that the whole world is making right now. It's hard to do that, when everything is fine, and everything is the same. Does that make sense?

Sarah

But also guilt for life not changing much. My kids won't have "covid-19" memories. Not really. I mean, our co-op is cancelled and we can't go to the library. We can't go to church but we haven't been doing that often anyway, tbh. IDK, I just have this burden to make sure my family feels the shift that the whole world is making right now. It's hard to do that, when everything is fine, and everything is the same. Does that make sense?
Yes, that makes sense. Our day-to-day life has changed some, but nowhere near as drastically as most people's. I already homeschooled, worked from home, cooked & ate all our meals at home, did DIY haircuts for my husband & kids, etc. Our homeschool community canceled through the end of the school year and we're watching church on YouTube. I've mostly only been going out once a week to pick up our grocery order from Wal-Mart. I'm not the most social person anyway, but I do like to get out of the house a little more just for a change of scenery. But, I can't complain. I'm thankful my husband is still working when so many are losing their jobs. He's a draftsman and has been able to do most of his work from home. I've also never been more thankful to be homeschooling.

clarissarwest

I am replying late... but my husband was home from work for just over one month due to the stay at home orders here in WA state. He did several projects around the house/farm, so that was nice. He helped with homeschooling! We thought of it as a long-awaited vacation for him since he hadn't had one in many years. It actually worked out great for our family since we have disabled/special needs children with compromised immune systems and we are used to staying at home, but it was nice having my husband home too! Today is his first day back to work.