What's your homeschooling style?

EightGreatKids

I think most homeschoolers are just plain eclectic, because in choosing homeschooling we've shown that we think outside the box. But homeschools still vary greatly based on what we value in the different methods. I call myself a relaxed eclectic homeschooler in general, but specifically I vacillate between Reggio Emilia (project-based), Unschooling and Worldschooling, and apparently Waldorf, too, though I suspect that's because I highly value imaginary play and Waldorf emphasizes imaginary play, which Charlotte Mason and Montessori both value practical skills above imaginary play. I don't really consider myself a gameschooler, but I do gameify math a lot, meaning that I turn basic math concepts into games.

Here's a fun quiz I created:
What's your homeschooling style?

I thought it would be fun if we all post our results here for discussion. Here's a screenshot of mine. I can't wait to see your results!
Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 3.44.34 PM.png

Hess Un-Academy

Here's mine! I always jokingly call our homeschooling style 'dabblers' because I feel like I can relate to all the methods in some way and we regularly bounce around from one to the other. After seeing these results, I guess that's not a joke anymore! We definitely dabble in all of them.

Attachments

EightGreatKids

Here's mine! I always jokingly call our homeschooling style 'dabblers' because I feel like I can relate to all the methods in some way and we regularly bounce around from one to the other. After seeing these results, I guess that's not a joke anymore! We definitely dabble in all of them.
I love it! Yours is really similar to mine! Dabblers rock!

EightGreatKids

Here's mine. We're definitely eclectic dabblers! If I do this quiz again in a week, I'll probably get different results!
Probably! The ONLY thing I stick with from week to week is math!

Sarah-MJFL

We are totally eclectic too!

Here are my results:
2020-03-03.png

Hess Un-Academy

I am a mixture of all, too! I would have done the screen shot, but I couldn't figure it out. Please tell me I'm not the only technology challenged one here!😁
Don't feel bad! I have to google it again and again and again. It's not really intuitive and it's different across devices.

SherylF

Your homeschooling style is:
More Details
29%
Charlotte Mason
More Details
24%
Reggio Emilia
More Details
18%
Worldschooler
More Details
16%
Classical Homeschooler
More Details
14%
Waldorf

DaLynnRmc

I tried to do it but something happened at the end and my results didn't load. :( I'll try again later!

I'm eclectic for sure, purposefully Christian. I hadn't heard of the RE method, and I've been homeschooling for 14 years! I assume that "worldschooler" is a lot like what I've been calling "lifeschool," which is what we are. I do lean a lot in the CM direction. We'll see what it says....