What is your go to meal?

tatianaadurias

Tatiana - Purposeful Motherhood
I love homemaking, but I hate cooking. I'll gladly wash mountains of dishes and scrub caked-on oven grease, but please don't ask me what's for dinner o_O

What's your super easy go-to meal for days when you need something quick? Help!

Acorn2oak

Cook up some boneless chicken breasts, ( crockpot, instant pot, stove top)
Shred up, then can use it for chicken pot pie, soup, buffalo chicken , chilli, tacos, chicken salad, barbecue sandwiches... So much to use it with

EightGreatKids

Breakfast. When I have nothing planned and everyone is starving and I'm at a loss for ideas, I usually cook up some breakfast for dinner.

Oatmeal. Grilled cheese. Scrambled eggs.
Smoothie.

I know what you mean! I have learned over the years that if I keep a short list of different meal options that I can do during the week it really helps me out not to be overwhelmed because hey, I'll be cooking meals for many many many many more years so I better find a better solution. Keep it up!!

EightGreatKids

Oh and also something that has helped me out a tremendous amount is I always make leftovers and eat it at least one more time during the week.
Same here! We almost always eat leftovers for lunch the next day and I also love to freeze them for dinner on a busy day!

Ari_momof4

brown rice pasta,with a canned organic sauce. whatever Frozen veggies and either black beans or ground turkey. We do try and go meatless most days of the week.

Cindy.benson

I love homemaking, but I hate cooking. I'll gladly wash mountains of dishes and scrub caked-on oven grease, but please don't ask me what's for dinner o_O

What's your super easy go-to meal for days when you need something quick? Help!
Our quick last min go to meals are taco meat over baked potatoes (hamburger cooked from frozen in an instant pot and potatoes in a second instant pot but even baked potatoes in the microwave is quick too); fried eggs; and bean and rice bowls, and sometimes I will mix up my pancake batter and bake in the oven on a baking sheet. All are quick and relatively hands free at the last min.

Dwenger86

Breakfast :) I also love snack meals and so do the kids. I have a party platter type thing (think veggie tray) and I fill each section with various stuff we have (crackers, cheese, pepperoni, nuts, fruit). I usually make one section a special treat too. They pick what they want from it and make that their meal.
Also, kielbasa tortellini Alfredo with either canned peas or a salad on the side is a huge hit and takes only a few minutes to make. Just cut up some kielbasa, cook in oil for a few min while you boil water for tortellini. When the tortellini is floating, toss it all together with a jar of Alfredo and you’re done! I like adding some green pepper when I make the meat too and some garlic.

Kdg

My go to was creamy spinach tortellini soup but then we got an instant pot. Now I need to try all the new things!!
My husbands go to is almost always pizza or spaghetti.

lilbearsmama

Dinner breakfast food, as my son says. I throw together an omelette, or make boiled eggs in the instant pot.

Mac and cheese is another easy one - egg noodles, shredded cheese, bit of butter and milk. Then I can throw in some frozen veggies and any left over chicken I might have and voila!

tatianaadurias

Cook up some boneless chicken breasts, ( crockpot, instant pot, stove top)
Shred up, then can use it for chicken pot pie, soup, buffalo chicken , chilli, tacos, chicken salad, barbecue sandwiches... So much to use it with
This is where I'm lacking imagination, thank you! I look at shredded chicken and I think enchiladas or BBQ chicken, nothing else comes to mind.

tatianaadurias

Oh and also something that has helped me out a tremendous amount is I always make leftovers and eat it at least one more time during the week.
Leftovers used to be so helpful, but now it's just me eating leftovers for day LOL

tatianaadurias

My go to was creamy spinach tortellini soup but then we got an instant pot. Now I need to try all the new things!!
My husbands go to is almost always pizza or spaghetti.
My go to tends to be pizza, but it's a bit much!

Carla

Nachos are my favorite last-minute meal! I know chips aren't especially healthy, but I do use beans, meat, salsa, and cheese. ;) If I'm feeling fancy, we'll add more toppings!

We also do pizza on Fridays, so I never have to plan that dinner. :)