We've officially launched!!

SLA

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, welcome!

Welcome to Homeschool Speak - a place for homeschoolers to come together, support one another, and build each other up!

This is our soft launch! What does that mean?

It means that this is the first time we have opened up and promoted this new community to the public!! It means that YOU are a part of something new! It means that you are one of the first to check out the community and tell us what you think.

It also means that we are still growing, and learning, and changing. We are so excited that you are here and we want to thank you in advance for your patience while we work out any kinks or growing pains along the way.

This community is all about and for YOU!! If there is anything you'd like to suggest that you think would make this forum even better, please do post it in the Questions & Feedback forum. We want your input!!

Also, be sure to.....

Stop by and introduce yourself

Check out the giveaway going on this month (win $100 in homeschool curriculum)

Read the forum policies and guidelines

Check out the user's guide for help with navigating the forum (we will be adding to this frequently over the next few weeks)

Tell your homeschool friends about Homeschool Speak!!

deliberatemom

Very exciting!

I wanted to ask you if there's a way to get notifications of replies? I'm still trying to figure things out here - and I've had responses to comments / posts I have made but didn't know until I logged into the forum. I know where alerts are IN the forum but wondering if they have the capability to be sent to my email or via text?

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can setup notifications via email. You can do so per thread or conversation or you can set your default to notify you via email from within your site preferences. Click on that link or your user name and look for preferences. There you have the option to check the boxes for email notifications when new conversation messages are received, when a reply is posted to a thread you started (your content), and to a thread you replied to (interacted with). You can set each option individually to suit your personal preferences.

Additional notification options may be coming in the future- possibly via text or push notifications.

Edited to add: Conversation=private message, where you see the little envelope to the right of your user name.

deliberatemom

Yes, you can setup notifications via email. You can do so per thread or conversation or you can set your default to notify you via email from within your site preferences. Click on that link or your user name and look for preferences. There you have the option to check the boxes for email notifications when new conversation messages are received, when a reply is posted to a thread you started (your content), and to a thread you replied to (interacted with). You can set each option individually to suit your personal preferences.

Additional notification options may be coming in the future- possibly via text or push notifications.
Awesome! Thank you so much!

darnheather

Congratulations on your launch. It is always fun to find a new forum to join and this looks like it is going to be quality one.

Reactions: SLA

FayeV

Congratulations on your launch, it is such a blessing to be able to be here in the beginning. I love homeschool forums and it will be nice to go to one place to connect!

Reactions: SLA

Klevesque

How exciting!!! Thank you for this space!

SLA

Administrator
Staff member
We are so thankful and glad that y'all are here!!

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!