Welcome to WriteBonnieRose!

WriteBonnieRose

Welcome to WriteBonnieRose! This is the place to find fun, affordable (and often FREE) resources to support you on your homeschool journey.

So how did a writer (who wasn’t homeschooled) with no children come to write for the homeschool market? I knew I loved kids and wanted to write for them, and I was a supporter of homeschooling. An author I knew suggested I attend a homeschool convention, so I did! I discovered there was about 1,000 times more information there than I could ever hope to absorb and picked up a free copy of a magazine published by The Old Schoolhouse®. I took it home, signed up for the free weekly newsletter called The Homeschool Minute, and started learning more about the incredible world of homeschooling. In the fall of 2011, TOS put out a call for volunteers to write for a new site they were developing at the time called SchoolhouseTeachers.com. I volunteered, began in the spring of 2012, and have loved being a part of the writing team at TOS in various capacities ever since.

In 2013, I started creating homeschool resources on my website, WriteBonnieRose.com. My very first freebie was a title called Praying Through the Produce Aisle, a fun way to turn a trip to the grocery store into a chance to learn about missions. I've since made it a permanent subscriber freebie (you can sign up to receive it plus many other subscriber freebies at https://writebonnierose.com/subscribe-today/) and created more than 600 other resources that you can find in my shop. There is history, science, language arts, math, and more, and I have hundreds of resources in the works.

In 2020, I launched a new resource center on my website to help homeschoolers find resources to complement curriculum they are using from companies such as Classical Conversations, Sonlight, The Mystery of History, TruthQuest History, Beautiful Feet Books, and more. You can check it out at https://writebonnierose.com/popular-curriculum-tie-ins/.

I absolutely love hearing from homeschoolers and am open to taking suggestions for anything you'd like to see me create or add to my site. I can't promise to do them all (I never was very good at calculus, lol), but I'll do my best. You can reach me any time at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!