Welcome to the Julie Naturally Forum where we talk Christian unschooling and crunchy Christian living

Julie Polanco

Julie Naturally
Hey, crunchy Christian unschooler! I'm so glad you found this forum. I'm Julie Polanco and my mission is to equip Christian unschoolers (that's you!) with the tools and resources to succeed at not only unschooling, but passionately pursuing Christ and a healthy, natural lifestyle.

A bit about me
I am an 18-year veteran homeschooling momma of four--2 boys and 2 girls--now ages 12, 15, 18, and 21. And, while my family played games and watched movies, I typed up two books--God Schooling: How God Intended Children to Learn and 100 Ways to Motivate Kids--and wrote a hands-on high school botany curriculum for SchoolhouseTeachers.com. I also wrote for magazines. Maybe you've seen some articles I've written for The Old Schoolhouse magazine about unschooling and unschoolish ways to learn skills. More recently, I finished writing the first Bible study in my new Faith Journeys series, which will be released soon. You can also catch me speaking on unschooling and natural health topics at selected online and live conferences.

Now, about you
I have a special gift for you to help you learn more about Christian unschooling and get the conversation going about this wonderful adventure.
Click HERE to get your Complete Guide to Christian Unschooling.

Join other Christian Unschooling Mommas in my closed Facebook group where we try to provide an online support group just for Christian unschoolers.

And, please feel free to leave your questions and comments here in this forum, too.

Stay curious.

HomeschoolHarvest

Hi Julie,
Thanks for your introduction. I have heard of your God Schooling book. :) Unschooling has always appealed to me since I started homeschooling my oldest two about 15 years ago. That’s pretty much how we did it when they were little - lots of play, lots of reading, following their interests, hobbies, learning how to socialize, real-life stuff. I got a little more “structured” as the years went on, feeling the pressure of high school and college requirements as well as an oldest who prefers very rigorous material. And I never really found any other Christian unschoolers. :unsure: It seems like most people think it‘s an oxymoron! Lol. I’m not a full-fledged unschooler, but I do find myself being drawn to that method most often. I try to tailor learning to my children’s gifts, talents and interests.
I’m not on Facebook (yet) but I look forward to chatting here!

Julie Polanco

Julie Naturally
Hi Julie,
Thanks for your introduction. I have heard of your God Schooling book. :) Unschooling has always appealed to me since I started homeschooling my oldest two about 15 years ago. That’s pretty much how we did it when they were little - lots of play, lots of reading, following their interests, hobbies, learning how to socialize, real-life stuff. I got a little more “structured” as the years went on, feeling the pressure of high school and college requirements as well as an oldest who prefers very rigorous material. And I never really found any other Christian unschoolers. :unsure: It seems like most people think it‘s an oxymoron! Lol. I’m not a full-fledged unschooler, but I do find myself being drawn to that method most often. I try to tailor learning to my children’s gifts, talents and interests.
I’m not on Facebook (yet) but I look forward to chatting here!
I'm glad you found me here. Yes, it is hard to find other Christian unschoolers. That's why I created a closed FB group, Christian Unschooling Mamas, to provide an online community for support and encouragement of folks following this style. Today, I posted a FB live on my Crunchy Christian Unschoolers page describing the differences between secular and Christian unschooling to help people better understand what defines us. Check it out!