Thoughts/advice on how to efficiently change your math curriculum in the middle of the school year.

Gracie

I am contemplating of changing my current math curriculum to either CTC math or Teaching textbook but I’m not sure how to go about it. Our current curriculum uses a spiral method so I’m kinda leaning on TT though a little curious on CTC math as well. Do I need to let my child take a diagnostic test or just let her start from the very beginning on the new curriculum? Any advice/thoughts on how to efficiently change your math curriculum in the middle of the school year will be appreciated. Thank you!

Sally Matheny

I am contemplating of changing my current math curriculum to either CTC math or Teaching textbook but I’m not sure how to go about it. Our current curriculum uses a spiral method so I’m kinda leaning on TT though a little curious on CTC math as well. Do I need to let my child take a diagnostic test or just let her start from the very beginning on the new curriculum? Any advice/thoughts on how to efficiently change your math curriculum in the middle of the school year will be appreciated. Thank you!
Hi, Gracie. I'm unfamiliar with CTC but we have used Teaching Textbooks. They do have placement tests. I definitely would give the placement tests and begin wherever your child feels comfortable. No need to begin all over at the beginning of a subject again unless she has struggled since the beginning. Hope that helps!

Gracie

Hi, Gracie. I'm unfamiliar with CTC but we have used Teaching Textbooks. They do have placement tests. I definitely would give the placement tests and begin wherever your child feels comfortable. No need to begin all over at the beginning of a subject again unless she has struggled since the beginning. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for your help❤