This (Un)Exceptional Life

Dana Hanley

I lost a child. My husband left. I'm raising and homeschooling my five children still at home pretty much on my own. Sometimes I feel like life is too hard. Sometimes I feel like Christians make it harder.

But the Bible says for us to bear one another's burdens. That is what I write about-- the burdens we carry and how we can make them lighter together.

There is strength in vulnerability. That is where true connections are made.

So please, share your stories, your struggles and your triumphs. Let's connect and share a bit of the load along our journeys.

Erica

I’m sorry for the loss of your child. And then to be a single parent of five on top of that! My marriage broke up when I had five as well, and then I found out I was pregnant right after he left. That was in 2015. I had my sixth child and remained single for just over 3.5 years. We had adventures and life was crazy sometimes! Now we are somewhat settled again and we have added a new step father and a baby to the family.

carla&theFabFuller4

Just popping in. Single parent of 4 near teens; homeschooling, working FT, and trying to stay afloat. Look forward to connecting with others and iron sharpening iron. We've got this!