Shopping for pans

clarissarwest

I have a 17in cast iron skillet! I use that, a 2-burner cast iron griddle, and a 10" (or 12") stainless steel frying pan only. I do have two other smaller (than 17") cast iron skillets but I haven't re-seasoned them since getting them used so I do not use them yet.

Hess Un-Academy

I have a 17in cast iron skillet! I use that, a 2-burner cast iron griddle, and a 10" (or 12") stainless steel frying pan only. I do have two other smaller (than 17") cast iron skillets but I haven't re-seasoned them since getting them used so I do not use them yet.
I have a cast iron pan that I love but I hate cleaning scrambled eggs out of it. Maybe I just need to suck it up lol.

EightGreatKids

2-dozen eggs at a time is our standard. I love, love, love my Calphalon 5-quart sautee pan for scrambled eggs, and pretty much everything else. I've used it daily for probably 20 years and it's still as perfect as the day I bought it. It's 100% nonstick, but it's not a paint-on nonstick that eventually flakes off. I don't know what the technology is, but I love this set of cookware and if it ever wears out I'll buy more.

Sarah-MJFL

2-dozen eggs at a time is our standard. I love, love, love my Calphalon 5-quart sautee pan for scrambled eggs, and pretty much everything else. I've used it daily for probably 20 years and it's still as perfect as the day I bought it. It's 100% nonstick, but it's not a paint-on nonstick that eventually flakes off. I don't know what the technology is, but I love this set of cookware and if it ever wears out I'll buy more.
I need new pans. This one sound amazing. I've been considering Calphalon. I really need to get serious with my research.

MamaBear

My husband has been telling me for years to go get the pots and pans that I WANT (since I'm the one who uses them the most ) but I never wanted to spend the money on a big set until I was 100% sure it was THE SET I would keep and use and be happy with for years. I would buy a pot here and pan there, but never found anything I was 110% happy with so never wanted to make the investment.
I noticed that the Ninja brand had made pots and pans and since I like so many of their other items I decided to check them out.
I was happy with the reviews I was reading and found that Bed Bath & Beyond sells the sets. I went in a couple times to see the pans, feel them, hold them, get an idea for just how big they really are. I found my set!!!!! I was sooooo excited! I wanted to wait for a really good coupon though. I ended up having to go in there one day for something else, so I just had to stop by the display and look at them again........ SALE!!!!!!! (and coupon was valid on top of it.... double bonus!)
I've had them about 3 or 4 months now. My favorite EVER!

I've always wanted to make omelets and crepes, but could never get them right in other pans, so gave up. With these pans it's sooooo easy and has become the family's most requested breakfast ( I'm actually tired of making omelets, lol)

TRULY NON-STICK, I hardly ever use any type of oils (sometimes melt some butter in it for flavor or to help caramelize/ saute) though I do recommend a small drop or 2, or at least running a stick of butter across, even though stuff may not stick, without a little oil it doesn't glide as easily. I use to dread working so hard to get fried eggs to everyone's preferred liking, only to have difficulty flipping them, or stick to a pan and break open. Now EVERY fried egg I've made (assuming I'm paying attention and timing it right ) has been PERFECT (and FAST). Some of the pictures show fried eggs sliding out, and it actually does!

We went away for the weekend and I had forgot to clean a pot that I had made cheese sauce in before we left. Now normally even after leaving just overnight, this would be hard as rock tough to clean out. With the Ninja Foodi Never Stick pot it literally peeled right out (AFTER being in there 3 1/2-4 days ) I mean PEELED OFF, like a sticker coming off it's glossy backed page. My kids ask if we have to clean the pots and pans after dinner because they actually WANT to let stuff dry/harden in it so they peel it out. (after working so long to get them to understand we rinse things so it won't get hard and difficult to clean later, lol)
Also able to go from stove top to oven. (oven safe up to 500F)

Highly Highly HIGHLY recommend this brand.
They can be used on gas, electric, glass/ceramic, induction.
Metal utensil safe (though I use mostly silicon and wood. I have however used a fork a time or two and didn't notice any markings left on the pan)

I think the biggest fry pan is 12 inch and when we do a dozen eggs that is almost to small.
They do make saute pans in 3, 4, and 5 Quart sizes, though I'm not sure how many eggs they can cook at a time.
My set came with the 3 QT pan, I can get a dozen eggs in it, but it comes close to the top, and I prefer a little more wiggle room.

When it comes to a pan big enough for a dozen eggs (usually ends up more like 18 eggs, and I'm sure 24 would fit just fine with room to spare), Bed Bath & Beyond carries an exclusive to them 14" fry pan, $40 it's available here (also comes in 8" 10" &12"- priced according to size) I use just a little oil with it and clean up has been pretty easy. I bought it before my Ninja set (while still searching) to replace the GreenPan we had.

I DO NOT recommend GreenPan brand. I had a 14" fry pan that was poorly constructed, and highly priced. The handle kept coming loose, we had to screw it back tight at least 6 times a year. Then it got to loose we couldn't tighten it up any longer. One day I lifted it up (thankfully it was just for washing!) and the next thing I knew the handle was in my hand and the pan was on the floor (wasn't the loose screws causing that either, it was the plastic around the screws that weakened & broke in pieces- most likely unable to withstand stove top heat.) We only had that 4-5 years and HARDLY used it, mostly only on weekends.