Paying for college!!!

Sarah-MJFL

HELP! I thought I had more time to plan and research this. My son was planning on going to community college this fall but now he has his heart set on a 4 year university. I need help finding money to help pay for this - scholarships, financial aid, grants, etc. I'm completely clueless here as this is my first one going off to college.

Sarah

Can he go to a community college for his first two years and then transfer to a university for his final two years? That's what I did and it was a great way to save a bunch of money. Also, I actually enjoyed my time at the community college much more than the university I transferred to.

Aunt Kim

If you are a member of a state homeschool organization (I don't know what state you live in, so I don't know what's available where you are), there is probably someone there who knows all about them. The director of the homeschool association I'm in (it's our "legal cover group") was able to help us find lots of scholarships for our oldest. He ended up with a state lottery scholarship, a military scholarship, and a school-based scholarship - it was fantastic!