Obstacles to homeschool sanity: let's chat!

Psychowith6

Even though I should know better, I still compare myself to other homeschooling moms who write and speak like I do. I always look bad in comparison. I keep wanting to do more, but let's say I succeeded. Is that really a good thing? Am I modeling what I want other homeschool moms to do?

I am asking God to make me content with who I am and what I do. How about you?

STARLIGHT

It seems as though you are a very hard worker and a high achiever! Those are attributes that the Lord has placed inside of you, and that should never be looked negatively upon!

As Paul writes - we are to run our course toward the prize God gives. He even encourages to "run your race in such a way that you may seize the prize and make it yours!" That will give everlasting contentment - to hear "We done good and faithful servant".

But one cannot run a race while looking at others. One is liable to run into distractions of self-defeat and paralyzing fear. And even if they get the reward of achievement, the reward is like gilded gold - and your heart will be left empty. Especially if we are trying to get praise from man instead of God.

To "pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness" as Timothy puts it, will ease the journey. As we gaze on His countenance instead of comparisons, we will learn to soar, free from the chains that brought Adam and Eve upon themselves in the garden. Remember they tried to have the "knowledge" that only God had because they were not content with all that God had already given them. Even down to the one tree He forbid in the middle of paradise.

I pray continually that I don't fall into the traps Satan tries to set in all our hearts to be discontent because that will distract me from my purpose - which is to Love the Lord with ALL my heart (not a dividing with distractions) and to love others instead of comparing and complaining. Because everyone has a battle they are fighting, and it fundamentally is a spiritual one.

God bless you multifold on your journey! Thank you for your beautiful heart!

Psychowith6

It seems as though you are a very hard worker and a high achiever! Those are attributes that the Lord has placed inside of you, and that should never be looked negatively upon!

As Paul writes - we are to run our course toward the prize God gives. He even encourages to "run your race in such a way that you may seize the prize and make it yours!" That will give everlasting contentment - to hear "We done good and faithful servant".

But one cannot run a race while looking at others. One is liable to run into distractions of self-defeat and paralyzing fear. And even if they get the reward of achievement, the reward is like gilded gold - and your heart will be left empty. Especially if we are trying to get praise from man instead of God.

To "pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness" as Timothy puts it, will ease the journey. As we gaze on His countenance instead of comparisons, we will learn to soar, free from the chains that brought Adam and Eve upon themselves in the garden. Remember they tried to have the "knowledge" that only God had because they were not content with all that God had already given them. Even down to the one tree He forbid in the middle of paradise.

I pray continually that I don't fall into the traps Satan tries to set in all our hearts to be discontent because that will distract me from my purpose - which is to Love the Lord with ALL my heart (not a dividing with distractions) and to love others instead of comparing and complaining. Because everyone has a battle they are fighting, and it fundamentally is a spiritual one.

God bless you multifold on your journey! Thank you for your beautiful heart!
Thank you so much for this encouragement! I am seeing to keep Him as my focus. He is so much better than any accolade I could have from others.