Music lessons

EightGreatKids

We only homeschool until noon and take private lessons and orchestra in the afternoon. My kids are in the orchestra at American Heritage in American Fork (since we're both in Utah) but I've had friends join the orchestra at their local schools. It works differently for each school -- you just have to go in and talk to an administrator. Some of them will make you register (they want the government funding for your children) and some will just let you attend that one period.

Are you looking in general, or specifically for your own children? Becaue I have lots of local resources I can share with you, if you want!

Hess Un-Academy

I'm looking for my own children. My 6-year-old is interested in music and I have no musical talent. We have an online program we use and like for piano but I'm wondering if she'd find more enjoyment from a live lesson - either private or group. I also suspect she'd enjoy trying out other instruments.

EightGreatKids

I teach piano lessons, but I know a teacher who lives right in your neighborhood. I'll email you about her! My kids play piano, harp, guitar, cello, violin and bagpipes also, so once your daughter has decided on an instrument I can probably give you recommendations!

Seclark

If you live near a college or university, you can also check with them. Our local university offers free music lessons to kids; parents just have to come up with the instrument, if needed.

insanomumma

Do your kids participate in music lessons as part of your homeschool? How do you pull that off? Are they associated with a local school band or do they take private lessons?
i have just signed my son up for violin lessons with a lady who teachers a few home school children we will be weekly for 30 mins on a friday much time thru the term starting in february