Looking for vacation ideas teens would love

Sarah-MJFL

Looking for suggestions on fun and adventurous vacation ideas that teenage boys would enjoy.

My husband and I want to take our 15 and 17 year old boys on a vacation before our oldest graduated next year.

*must be in the United States 🙂

Thanks so much for your help!

EightGreatKids

Are they high-adventure types? My teen boys loved hiking the narrows in Zion's canyon. Within a short drive of Zion's are other national parks, too: Arches, (awesome whitewater rafting on the Colorado river right outside Arches) Canyonlands, Snow Canyon (which has underground caves called lava tubes). They also loved Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico! The four corners area makes an interesting history trip, as you can visit Mesa Verde, Hovenweep and Chaco Canyon within a couple of hours of each other, plus explore an Indian reservation. They also like renting a houseboat and play at Lake Powell.

If they prefer cities, we love Washington DC and Boston (and Concord and Lexington) for a US History trip. We usually do them both at once, flying into Reagan National, spending 4 days in DC, then renting a car and driving to Boston (there's a train, too, but we like to drive so we can stop by Independence Hall in Philadelphia and then hit up a couple of battlefields) for another 4 days and flying home from Boston.