Looking for feedback!

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
As we work through the early days of the forum (and beyond), please post any and all feedback, questions, and concerns so that we can address them. As we welcome more users who can view things from different perspectives, y'all will come across more details we may not have seen and think of questions we may not have. Please don't hold back- it will benefit us all in the long run if you bring all issues to our attention so that we can review them and present answers/solutions as needed!

themathprofs

My husband and I write math curriculum for homeschoolers I noticed that you had a homeschool publishing section, but it said I didn't have insufficient privileges to post there. How does one get the privileges?

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
That section is broken up into forums for our Homeschool Partners, but you should be able to post in their forums. Could you post a screenshot of the error you're getting?

If you're interested in becoming a Homeschool Partner, please email [email protected] for details.

Thanks!

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I noticed that some people had very helpful signatures. Those also seem to be automated. If so, how can I make an automated signature that tags along at the bottom of my posts?

Sharon:)

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go. Please keep in mind that only Homeschool Partners can promote their business or website, in a signature or otherwise.

Kimby27

Can you post links to blogs in answer to others questions regarding resources? Just things that I have used and know to be trustworthy, and maybe helpful to others? (I.e. someone asks for quick and easy craft ideas for preschoolers that are not hard on mommas...)

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely! If it’s your own blog or one you’re affiliated with, however, please reach out to discuss becoming a partner. We just want everything above board.

Summer owens

My husband and I write math curriculum for homeschoolers I noticed that you had a homeschool publishing section, but it said I didn't have insufficient privileges to post there. How does one get the privileges?
Also if we post our curriculum how is the copyright laws attached to that?

momschool

Absolutely! If it’s your own blog or one you’re affiliated with, however, please reach out to discuss becoming a partner. We just want everything above board.
I have a question about this, If someone asks about some resources such as what math curriculum to use or how to deal with teenagers not wanting to do school, we can only link to our own personal blog and not others? I ask because I use all kinds of resources from many different blogs and want to be clear on the rules.

Tricia_Burcell

I have a question about this, If someone asks about some resources such as what math curriculum to use or how to deal with teenagers not wanting to do school, we can only link to our own personal blog and not others? I ask because I use all kinds of resources from many different blogs and want to be clear on the rules.
Hi! I think she meant if you do post from your own blog or a resource you have business affiliation with to look into becoming a partner with this site. But if you’re just sharing a resource that has helped you it’s fine. 😊 I admire all you ladies who keep blogs! I do appreciate having so many resources when I am struggling in my homeschool journey!

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
Also if we post our curriculum how is the copyright laws attached to that?
Copyright laws wouldn't change because you posted something here, but I'd recommend you post a sample or some details here with a link to your site for delivery. That way users will follow your normal process for obtaining your curriculum- through your site delivery.

Hi! I think she meant if you do post from your own blog or a resource you have business affiliation with to look into becoming a partner with this site. But if you’re just sharing a resource that has helped you it’s fine. 😊 I admire all you ladies who keep blogs! I do appreciate having so many resources when I am struggling in my homeschool journey!
That's correct- except the "she" part ;). You are welcome to share resources that have helped you or that you come across and think would be helpful- just post the link to the resource, not the file itself.

If you are affiliated with a blog/site/company/etc. please contact [email protected] and request information on becoming a Homeschool Partner. We want those to be clearly identified so there's no confusion as to whether you're referring people to your site or just a resource you know of.

Aunt Kim

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I noticed that some people had very helpful signatures. Those also seem to be automated. If so, how can I make an automated signature that tags along at the bottom of my posts?

Sharon:)
If you click on your name at the top of the page, then click on "Signature," you will go the page where you can create your own. Have fun with it!

Aunt Kim

As we work through the early days of the forum (and beyond), please post any and all feedback, questions, and concerns so that we can address them. As we welcome more users who can view things from different perspectives, y'all will come across more details we may not have seen and think of questions we may not have. Please don't hold back- it will benefit us all in the long run if you bring all issues to our attention so that we can review them and present answers/solutions as needed!
Is there a way to "stack" the replies so that replies to a reply show up under them? I get confused easily about who's replying to what, and a visual "thread" sure would help me. (Probably because I'm old)

JLA

Administrator
Staff member
I don't beleive that's an option right now, but I'll look into it.

Mandy2545

I just had a curiosity question -- do you think there will ever be a classifieds section for selling curriculum? It may be more trouble than it's worth, but I thought I would ask. Thanks!

momschool

I love this group and enjoy it very much ! But as I have been using this forum I get super overwhelmed with ALL the different lists of groups/threads, I also seem to miss a lot of new content because there is so much to sift through. I wonder if there's a way to simplify how many you see on the main page? I like how the well trained mind only has 10 or less for their main posts and then they have a few sub groups within some of those, and finally at the end there are many group ones at the bottom of the page. I feel like the way this group has them listed right now its rather cluttered and not fun to browse through because there are so many to browse. Anyways just a thought!