Life Experience

Mandy2545

So, does anyone have anything to share in the subject of "Life Experience?" My son worked on the farm with my husband on Monday while I went to get to get taxes done. He is learning some amazing things from his Dad. For example, he now knows not to bend over in front of the goat pen, because our buck Prancer will stick his nose thru and take a munch. There are so many memories being made that I wish I could write a book! I'd love to read your stories, especially over coffee!

PeachyDoodle

The thing I love about homeschooling is that it's so easy to incorporate lessons for daily living because we are, well, living them. My kids learn about how to do all kinds of household things because they are with me as I do them, and as they have grown, they have taken on those responsibilities themselves. I find that it is easier for me to include them because I'm already in teaching mode; when I worked outside the home and they were in school I was much more inclined to do things myself without seeing the teachable moment. At 14, my daughter now cooks full meals for the family at least once a week. My son is joining in with his dad as they learn how to keep bees. It's just part of our life to share these things with our kids!

EightGreatKids

Yes! Life experience is so important! Homeschooling is the perfect way to involve our kiddos in daily life skills, like cooking and cleaning, personal finance and more. We have a farm, too, and our kids help with it all.

clarissarwest

I love that my children are learning life skills! Household chores, yard work, raising animals (dog, cat, chickens, rabbits), gardening, and just living right with us as we go about our day/work (more is caught than taught)... growing in character, work ethic, giving/receiving grace, etc. So important!

Mandy2545

Amen to all the above! I think my favorite thing about homeschooling is all the life experience with our son. It warms my heart to see him working with the animals and being excited about garden season coming up. We're planning a butterfly garden 😊. He loves to go on an occasional work day with his Dad to lay flooring. He's learning so much, and how blessed we are to get to be such a part of it!