How many other moms here work while homeschooling?

FLTerri

I have worked in one form or another ever since my girls were very small. I run my own homeschool consulting biz and umbrella school. I also teach part-time online right now. I have worked both full-time and part-time while homeschooling. Some years were easier than others!

What do you other working homeschool moms do?

Rachael

I work a full-time job from home in the medical coding/billing field! My kiddos are 8 and 6.5, and I have worked from home since the oldest was about 7 months old. I try my best to work and school in blocks.

I currently am not working due to major health issues; however, I did work either full or part-time for many years. When I started homeschooling, I was working as an office manager for an insurance agent. I have also worked as an independent contractor for a manufacturing company that made cleaning rods for military and non-military weapons and refrigeration parts.

MamaLynn

I have worked in one form or another ever since my girls were very small. I run my own homeschool consulting biz and umbrella school. I also teach part-time online right now. I have worked both full-time and part-time while homeschooling. Some years were easier than others!

I work 4 days a week outside the home. 🙋‍♀️ This is our first year homeschooling.

Kimby

I do.

themathprofs

I edit math textbooks and write supplements for them as well! And yes, someone does check the answers in the back of the book. You hope they are good at what they do :)

I also write logic and math books for homeschoolers.

Sarah-MJFL

rebekahmorel

I just started working from home last year. It was a trial in errors. But I've made some adjustments to both my work schedule and our school schedule. Hopefully, this year will work out better. I created the blog Mason à la Maison which helps English speakers learn the every-changing homeschool laws in France and the steps needed to do so legally. I also help anyone looking to teach French to their children as we have been homeschooling bilingually since the start.

Belinda

I work outside of the home 5 days a week, from 8 - 1. We try to do some school before I leave for work in the morning, and then we do the rest after 2 when I'm home. Some mornings my son comes to work with me, and then we try to squeeze in a bit more school during the morning. Having an open-and-go curriculum and a good routine is key to getting the balance of work and school "mostly right".

Jen G.

I work from home for a large corporation, so my schedule is set by the company. We're just getting started with homeschooling, but I think I've found a curriculum that will work well with our schedule.

deliberatemom

I work from home. I make income from my website and books. I also work for a child care centre as their social media and communications consultant. I manage their social media accounts, publish articles monthly on their website, and maintain/update their website.

Between these two commitments I work about 16 hours per week. 😊

deliberatemom

I work outside of the home 5 days a week, from 8 - 1. We try to do some school before I leave for work in the morning, and then we do the rest after 2 when I'm home. Some mornings my son comes to work with me, and then we try to squeeze in a bit more school during the morning. Having an open-and-go curriculum and a good routine is key to getting the balance of work and school "mostly right".
You must have good time management skills. 😊