High School Science

darnheather

I've always been a secular homeschooler which has sometimes made it difficult to find groups and in the beginning curriculum. With my youngest daughter I ended up using The Well Trained Mind method without the religious components and going back further back in history.
For high school I got used textbooks from eBay, but I'm curious what is is new out there for the secular homeschool student.

Dessa

I have found it very difficult to find secular curriculum. I gave in this year and bought non-secular history and science books. I often find myself skimming ahead to find parts i want to ommit from that lesson. It is exhausting.

DeLaura

There is a group on Facebook that has been great for finding/considering various secular options. I can look up the name if anyone wants it. My oldest is 7, so I'm not sure what's available for older students. We started using Torchlight this year and so far it's been a hit with both my kids (7 and 4).

Klevesque

Have you looked on SEA Homeschoolers for ideas?

darnheather

There is a group on Facebook that has been great for finding/considering various secular options. I can look up the name if anyone wants it. My oldest is 7, so I'm not sure what's available for older students. We started using Torchlight this year and so far it's been a hit with both my kids (7 and 4).
I'd love a link.

JCHaley

I don't know which age groups you are working with but I used Ellen McHenry's curriculum for botany, biology, and chemistry. She also has curriculum for anatomy and linguistics among other things. Her lessons can be used for several different age groups. I always purchased her downloaded versions which run about $15 and have everything you need. Her web store has more information: https://ellenjmchenry.com