Hi. Had to go back to work. Kids kinda schooling themselves.

MomsBandB

Hi friends. I have an 18yod, 15yos, 14yos (plus a graduated 26yos). We have always homeschooled. Due to hubby's chronic health issues and an upcoming transplant with a 8 week recovery (including my 18yod being the donor), I have had to take on more work outside the home. This has been hard for me because I so enjoy being with my children and learning alongside them. I was almost in tears when I had to purchase a Bible curriculum that is computer-based. We work together as my ever-changing schedule allows to continue to do history and Bible together, but the kids are pretty much working independently. Which in many ways is our goal, right? Because we won't go off to college with them, right? But I do miss being more hands-on and with I could again be a stay-at-home mom.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Last edited:

momschool

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time! On the bright side you must be doing something right to able to leave their education more up to them <3

clarissarwest

Lifting you in prayer! Good job raising life-long and eager learners, mom!

AACmom

Curious what computer based Bible curriculum you are doing? I pray everyone is doing much better at this point. I just joined this Forum since I am trying to keep my business off Facebook a little more.