Hi Everyone!

Kena

I'm Kena from Bedford, Ohio. I have a 7th-grade daughter who has been receiving her public school instruction at home since last year. Due to covid, I have been fortunate enough to be able to stay home with her and help her through the curricula. She had a chance to return to in-person instruction, but I chose to keep her home for the rest of the school year. I really like working with her and helping her fill the gaps in her learning when she is learning new concepts. I am considering homeschool for her. I really think it helps us build a better relationship as I know what she is learning in real-time, I can be more than just "the infrequent homework helper", and I think she respects me more.

I'm not quite sure how this will work long term. Are there any mothers who are juggling between a demanding job and homeschooling their children? I am also a student too!

-Kena :)

Sarah

Hi Kena! Welcome to Homeschool Speak! It can be difficult to juggle work and homeschooling, but worth it. In the past, I've worked outside of the home four or five nights a week. Currently, I work from home part-time. I have a 7th-grader too and a 5th-grader.