Hi! Do you have science experiments on your kitchen counters too?!

deliberatemom

Hi there! My name is Jennifer Bly and I'm the homeschooling mama of two girls (ages 8 and 12). I was born, raised, and currently live in Central Alberta, Canada. I've been homeschooling for seven years and I adore it!

We stumbled into homeschooling quite by accident and out of necessity. My oldest daughter had several life-threatening food allergies and we were too scared to send her off to school. It turns out that even though she outgrew all but one of those allergies, WE grew to love homeschooling!

I'm a former early childhood educator. I love bringing learning alive - so as a result I'm quite the eclectic homeschooler (can you identify with science experiments growing on your kitchen counter, pulleys running off the landings of your stairwells, and an outdoor classroom on your deck)?! Yup, that's me... I transform EVERYTHING into a learning opportunity.

I'm passionate about many things... Jesus, my hubby, my kids, chocolate, planners, a good pen, and of course, homeschooling.

I'm so excited to be here and I can't wait to get to know you and to learn with (and from) you!

xo Jennifer

Last edited:

EightGreatKids

Oh, my gosh, yes! I try to keep them on the least-used side of the kitchen counter so they don't accidentally get ingested or washed down the disposal!

deliberatemom

Oh, my gosh, yes! I try to keep them on the least-used side of the kitchen counter so they don't accidentally get ingested or washed down the disposal!
Me too - we don’t have a “normal” looking house. 85% of our artwork was made by our kids. 🤣😂

deliberatemom

Yes!! Science experiments are basically EVERYWHERE! lol!
Exactly!! And when I get flack for asking them to clean the bathroom - I simply say it’s science. 😜

deliberatemom

Yes! This is funny, because this was one thing I told my husband early on when we knew we'd homeschool, "Be prepared to have the kitchen counters full of science experiments!" He WAS forewarned. :ROFLMAO:
🤣🤣 exactly! My husband has said on a couple occasions that our science experiments aren’t very appetizing to look at. (As I place them strategically by the cookie jar). 🤣😂

Rachael

Um, I have a volcano that was molded, baked, and painted, but have yet to actually do the experimentation...lol

KrystenT

I don't have science expirments in my kitchen, we are a family full of weak stomachs. :LOL:
I have a degree in ECE and it was working in the schools that pushed me initially to look at homeschooling.

deliberatemom

Um, I have a volcano that was molded, baked, and painted, but have yet to actually do the experimentation...lol
LOL - that’s awesome. You’re just waiting for the opportune time, that’s all! 😉

deliberatemom

I don't have science expirments in my kitchen, we are a family full of weak stomachs. :LOL:
I have a degree in ECE and it was working in the schools that pushed me initially to look at homeschooling.
Oooh - a fellow ECE person! 😍

Carla