Fun & Helpful Homeschool Styles Quiz

Sarah

I found this homeschool style quiz several years ago. The results are pretty accurate for me.

My results:

Score for Waldorf Education: 9
Score for Traditional Education: -15
Score for Unit Studies Education: 17
Score for Montessori Education: 19
Score for Thomas Jefferson Education: 11
Score for Unschooling: 13
Score for Classical Education: 6
Score for Charlotte Mason Education: 13

What did you score highest in?

DaLynnRmc

Here are mine:

Score for Waldorf Education: 6
Score for Unit Studies Education: 12
Score for Montessori Education: 18
Score for Unschooling: 16
Score for Classical Education: 9
Score for Charlotte Mason Education: 11

I really don't know a whole lot about Montessori except that's learning through play. Our school does look a little bit unschool-ish, but I'd definitely call us eclectic before unschool. I like the term "lifeschool."

And here's the scores from the "updated" philosophy quiz.

Score for Charlotte Mason: 9
Score for Classical Education: 17
Score for Montessori Education: 14
Score for Project-Based Learning: 14
Score for Reggio-Inspired:17
Score for Thomas Jefferson Education: 3
Score for Unit Studies Approach: 12
Score for Unschooling Approach: 14
Score for Waldorf Education: 3

I've never even heard of Reggio-Inspired. It's interesting that I scored so much higher in Classical with this one.

Last edited:

Sarah

Interesting. I've never heard of Reggio-Inspired either.

I haven't done the updated quiz yet, but I've done the original one a few times of the years. Each time my score for traditional gets a little lower.

Angcobb28

Here are mine:

Score for Waldorf Education: 6
Score for Unit Studies Education: 12
Score for Montessori Education: 18
Score for Unschooling: 16
Score for Classical Education: 9
Score for Charlotte Mason Education: 11

I really don't know a whole lot about Montessori except that's learning through play. Our school does look a little bit unschool-ish, but I'd definitely call us eclectic before unschool. I like the term "lifeschool."

And here's the scores from the "updated" philosophy quiz.

Score for Charlotte Mason: 9
Score for Classical Education: 17
Score for Project-Based Learning: 14
Score for Reggio-Inspired:17
Score for Thomas Jefferson Education: 3
Score for Unit Studies Approach: 12
Score for Unschooling Approach: 14
Score for Waldorf Education: 3

I've never even heard of Reggio-Inspired. It's interesting that I scored so much higher in Classical with this one.
I love that you said, "Lifeschooling"!

Three years ago I read a book on unschooling because I was an uptight, stick to the rules homeschool mom, until all my moments of frustration, I kept hearing the Holy Spirit say, "relax, they're learning and doing fine, just relax" so after enough times of that, I caught on and then decided to deschool and unschool. Well, unschooling was great except my spirit was not comfortable with the stigmas around it, so I went on a quest to understand better what I felt was balanced.

The Holy Spirit loves to fulfill our dreams and helps us to gain knowledge if we are asking, He doesn't despise us for our hunger to learn and I'm that type of person...I love to research, so I read Christian unschooling sites/books. The importance of building character, was emphasized, while giving freedom in the direction and pull/bent of each individual child was also emphasized.

This was getting closer, so I talked to the Lord and realized that what was important to me, was life skills, along with Godly character, and then combined with their God given gifts and talents (their bent), it gave them everything. I started calling it "Lifeschooling", and we still do to this day!

So I love hearing when someone else uses the term. When I first decided that was what we'd call our school, I researched to see if it was already a term used. I found only two people, who coined the phrase. A lady who turned it into a conference, Danielle Papageorgiou, who runs the Lifeschooling Conference and podcast on Media Angels, and Kirk Cameron, who shared how him and his wife use life and everything around them as lifeschool. I laughed when I had searched it up because I knew the Holy Spirit knew I was going to research this new term that I concluded was going to be our way of schooling. I love how the Lord invites us to learn and develop our understanding, it is a joy when He confirms with two or more, something be established. So I love "lifeschooling" and just to be safe, I journaled for almost three months straight to see if the kids were really learning and engaged. I was pleasantly surprised how much they were retaining from just building on life skills, interpersonal relationships, lots of play, adventures, movies and reading. Many blessings for you and yours!

lilbearsmama

This is mine:

Your Results:

Score for Waldorf Education: 8
Score for Traditional Education: -14
Score for Unit Studies Education: 9
Score for Thomas Jefferson Education: 14
Score for Unschooling: 14
Score for Classical Education: 11
Score for Charlotte Mason Education: 14

I'm highly amused - so many exactly the same (14) and then the traditional is -14.