February Blues

Mandy2545

As I write this from Georgia, we are getting a dusting of snow (which is enough to close public schools!). We have found ourselves adding more games (sneakily educational of course), more snuggling with a good book, and lots of hugs! I can't wait for warmer weather! Then, it's outside more for us! Down here, Beauregard predicted more winter. I thought he was maybe losing his edge until this morning, lol. Good luck with the February blues!

WriteBonnieRose

As I write this from Georgia, we are getting a dusting of snow (which is enough to close public schools!). We have found ourselves adding more games (sneakily educational of course), more snuggling with a good book, and lots of hugs! I can't wait for warmer weather! Then, it's outside more for us! Down here, Beauregard predicted more winter. I thought he was maybe losing his edge until this morning, lol. Good luck with the February blues!
You can't beat games, books, and hugs! I'm in Pennsylvania, so I know about Punxsutawney Phil, but please tell me more about Beauregard (which is a much more interesting name for a mascot than "Phil," lol)

FLTerri

Mandy2545

You can't beat games, books, and hugs! I'm in Pennsylvania, so I know about Punxsutawney Phil, but please tell me more about Beauregard (which is a much more interesting name for a mascot than "Phil," lol)
Actually, he's General Beauregard Lee, nephew of the retired General Robert E. Lee. He's currently a bachelor, and way beyond the life expectancy for ground hogs. They estimate him to be about 19-20 years old! He lives in Jackson, Ga in a white columned house befitting his stature. He has a (tongue in cheek, but real) certificate from UGA as a DWP. That's Doctor of Weather Prognostication. He also has an honorary degree from Georgia Southern as Dr. of Southern Groundhogology. His accuracy rate is 94%, but when he gets it wrong he goes all out! He predicted early spring, bless his heart, the year of our 93 blizzard. We love Beau! From what I've studied, though, Phil of Philadelphia was the first groundhog we celebrated in America. He's also a movie star! He sounds pretty awesome!

WriteBonnieRose

Actually, he's General Beauregard Lee, nephew of the retired General Robert E. Lee. He's currently a bachelor, and way beyond the life expectancy for ground hogs. They estimate him to be about 19-20 years old! He lives in Jackson, Ga in a white columned house befitting his stature. He has a (tongue in cheek, but real) certificate from UGA as a DWP. That's Doctor of Weather Prognostication. He also has an honorary degree from Georgia Southern as Dr. of Southern Groundhogology. His accuracy rate is 94%, but when he gets it wrong he goes all out! He predicted early spring, bless his heart, the year of our 93 blizzard. We love Beau! From what I've studied, though, Phil of Philadelphia was the first groundhog we celebrated in America. He's also a movie star! He sounds pretty awesome!
I think Beauregard sounds wonderful!

Sarah-MJFL

Great question!! I actually start planning for the next school year!! 😄 It gets me excited about homeschooling all over again.

Mandy2545

Same here, Sarah! Please tell me that I'm not the only one who has already bought next year's curriculum😁 We don't have a super long time to wait, we're on a kind of year round schedule. I give him 6 weeks in the summer, and we start 4th grade the first full week of July. We love it, because he gets two weeks at Christmas, one week at Thanksgiving, one week at Easter, and other than that we are on four weeks and off one. Speaking of which, next week is his off week and our house is getting some TLC! Woot woot!!!

EightGreatKids

February is the doldrums! I need sunshine to get through it, so we always head south, Arizona or New Mexico, for awhile. I keep thinking about Mexico, though. We need a Spanish experience!