Favorite Things

Mandy2545

Hi! I'm feeling really grateful for all the memories we're making ❤. Even in all this rain, we are so blessed! We're getting closer to the end of third grade, and it's so fun floating ideas with kiddo about fourth grade! What's your favorites?

WriteBonnieRose

Mandy, thank you! I love writing for and supporting homeschooling families any way I can, but I actually don't have children of my own. So I can't answer that from my own experience. However, my dear friend homeschools her two boys (8 and 6), and I absolutely love watching them grow and learn. They amaze me. I love how imaginative the eight-year-old is and how he is putting together things he learns. He told me two different stories about a Lego creation a few weeks ago, and I teasingly challenged him and asked how both could be. (Neither were lies, it was all make believe.) He thought for a minute and then created another story that tied the first two together, and he used what he has been learning in science to make it work. I was so proud of him! The six-year-old is a bundle of energy, and it's exciting to see his reading skills grow. They are such a joy to watch! I've even been named an "honorary auntie," lol.

Mandy2545

That's wonderful! I have many "honorary aunties" from my childhood that I still adore today. That's the beautiful thing about love, and children are so easy to love. Don't you wish that all adults could love as easily as a child? We do have our little boy, but we have longed and prayed for more. We're looking into adoption through DFCS! I love hearing my son telling his Dad things he learned during the day. It's perfect narration time, and I don't even have to ask him! When we studied Benjamin Franklin, he was so excited to tell my husband that he (my husband) and Benjamin shared the same birthday!

Hess Un-Academy

I just love the freedom to lead a relaxed life. Sometimes I think about public schooling and how nice it would be to have "a break" and all the social parties that public schools offer. But then I think about the mornings. And the lunches. And the afternoon homework. And the stress to get kids to sleep on time so they're not cranky. And the socialization crap that goes on in public schools. And then I change my mind :D