Any other moms with tween-aged kids?

Abigail

I’m here! My oldest also turns 11 this year (in March), and as a typical first born, is fairly mature for her age. It’s going to be an adventure for sure!

EightGreatKids

Yes! But my current tweens are in between my older kids (three in college, two high-schoolers, a tween and two in elementary. So this isn't my first rodeo -- not that I'm a pro. I don't think anyone can be a pro at raising kids, because each is SO different! My current tween boy is easy in some respects. He's respectful and helpful and hard-working and motivated. But he's difficult in others -- he teases his little sisters mercilessly and not in nice ways. He lives to make them scream! Good luck! It's really fun to watch them grow and fulfill their potential!

Magdellena

My son just turned 12 on January 5th. He is my eldest and the "easy" child. He is very self motivated and usually I just have to point him in a direction and let him go with studies. Here is to hoping he stays that way as he slides into his teenage years.

Kasdira

My oldest is 11. He is a dreamer. He is a reluctant writer. So I have to use discreet tactics to get him to write; help me write my to-do list, grocery list, write down the titles of the YouTube videos he watches (Coyote Peterson's Brave Wilderness channel is one of his favorites). I try to encourage his interests. He has a love for stop action Lego films. He loves blacksmithing with his dad. His current project is forging a knife from a railroad spike. He only reads for leisure at bedtime.

Angcobb28

I have a tween daughter, who'll be 12 in April, she's very determined and self motivated. I have to choose my words carefully when asking her to do school, chores, etc., she has to know the, "why" behind a request and if it resonates with her, then I don't have to ask twice! She's my oldest and the out-going type, extrovert like her father, so she's great at making friends, but then my second oldest is a boy, turns 11 in August and is the total opposite.

He's an introvert and I'm already concerned about helping him be positive about relationships in our immediate family because he's really tough on his younger brother. He loves him, but he uses his words to cut him down, sometimes it's really hard to get him to see things from a different perspective! I'm praying for wisdom for these coming years! Loads of it, lol!

MamaJ

My tween is a middle child and thinks she should be my life coach. I really don't get the strong willed ones who soar in art, music & creativity, yet cannot grasp practical needs of daily living. I love having a daughter who is so full of talent - homeschooling is definitely a challenge in more ways than 1! Does anyone know which steps to take?
Change learning styles? Approach from her grade level? Just enjoy the good days and pause on her feisty days? Awwwhhhh!

Sarah-MJFL

Are there any other moms with tween-aged kids here? My oldest turns 11 this year so I guess I'm about to become the mom of a tween/middle-schooler. Should be a fun adventure! Anybody else?

Boy or girl?

I have tweens - my oldest daughter is 12 (almost 13) and I have an 11-year-old daughter as well.

Not sure if 9 counts as tween age, but I will have two 9-year-old boys soon too!!

Sarah-MJFL

AnnaP86

My 12 year old daughter is currently my only homeschooler. She’s been in public school until this year. We were kind of forced into homeschool or private school but I am so glad that we are homeschooling. I can’t believe how little she has truly learned in public school. I am hoping to find a local coop for her with other tweens to help with socializing.